One of the best parts of living at Brightwell Crossing in Poolesville, Maryland, is the award-winning public schools that are available – Poolesville High School, John Poole Middle School, and Poolesville Elementary School.
Here are 10 fun and interesting facts about our local schools.
- Poolesville is part of the Montgomery County Public School System (MCPS).
- Poolesville High School has been recognized as the top high school – public or private – in the state of Maryland by both Newsweek and The Washington Post for SIX years in a row!
- MCPS has the top six high schools in the state of Maryland according to the S. News & World Report’s list of Best High Schools.
- All 25 MCPS high schools appear in The Washington Post High School Challenge.
- MCPS is the largest school system in Maryland, and the 15th largest school system in the U.S.
- The Montgomery County Public School System has 204 schools.
- The student body is diverse, with students coming from 157 countries.
- The National Blue Ribbon Schools Program has recognized the high performance levels of 37 Montgomery County schools.
- Montgomery County Public Schools have 12,304 teachers, 88.2% of whom have a master’s degree or equivalent.
- MCPS has five National Green Ribbon Schools, an award recognizing schools and districts that have reduced environmental impact & costs; improved the health and wellness of students and staff; and provided environmental education.