One of the best parts of living in a Kettler Forlines home is the location. We are surrounded with natural beauty and tons of recreational opportunities. A particular favorite is Sugarloaf Mountain in Maryland. This geologic wonder is breathtaking and stunning – and so closeby!
- Indulge your inner naturalist. Sugarloaf is a paradise of indigenous flora and fauna. You can walk for miles along the trails, logging different species of animals (owls, hawks, wild turkeys,snakes, deer, foxes, rabbits and more!), trees (oaks, poplars, birches, hemlocks), and wildflowers!
- Bring your picnic basket. The scenic overlooks are a prime spot for picnics. Since the mountain stands over 800 feet above the farmland below it, the views are outstanding.
- Go exploring. Whether on bike, horseback or foot, the trails that meander through Sugarloaf Mountain in Maryland will take you on quite an adventure. There are a variety of trails, so you can explore different parts of the mountain every time!
- Take a peek at the Strong Mansion. Once the home of the Strong Family, this historic mansion has been refurbished and is one of the most popular event venues in the area. The grounds and gardens are simply stunning.
- Be respectful. Sugarloaf Mountain is a Registered Natural Landmark in Maryland that is preserved and maintained by a non-profit founded by the Strong Family in 1946. Though it is privately owned, visitors are welcomed but requested to observe the rules. Sugarloaf Mountain is open every day from sunrise to sunset.
In a Kettler Forlines home in Maryland, you always have the opportunity to head outside and discover something new. For more information on our homes and communities, please visit our website, or give us a call at 301-208-2588. We can’t wait to help you find your dream home!