Kettler Forlines is thrilled to announce that the Town of Poolesville has received official state certification from the Sustainable Poolesville Committee. Our own Tom Kettler served as one of volunteers on the Poolesville Green committee, and Kettler Forlines’ assisted with the Chestnut Tree Demonstration Orchard at Elgin Park.
Just 12 municipalities were honored with awards from the Sustainable Poolesville Committee certification program, which is a collaborative effort between the Environmental Finance Center (EFC) at the University of Maryland and the Maryland Municipal League.
Poolesville earned certification through the following:
- Home to three Maryland Green Schools
- Installed a 1.1 megawatt solar photovoltaic system at the wastewater treatment plant, providing clean, renewable energy and a savings are approximately $30,000/year
- Installed LED streetlights in two of the Town’s most prominent parks
- Created a Sustainability Resource Center at Town Hall, with a virtual version on the municipal website
- Maintains a Community Garden in partnership with local non-profit Poolesville Green
- Adopted a Green Purchasing Policy for procurement of municipal goods and services
- Developed an inventory of residential septic systems within the Town limits
- Retrofitted Town Hall parking lot with pervious concrete, providing improved stormwater management.
For nearly 40 years, the details have made all the difference in Kettler Forlines Homes and neighborhoods. Come visit and you will find award-winning, energy-efficient designs, the highest quality materials and craftsmanship, a genuine dedication to affordability and value, countless included features, and many ways to create a home that is truly unique. For more details about our homes, visit www.kettlerforlineshomes.com.